Sunday, May 20, 2012

Korean Dinner


The other night Chris and I went to our friend Jinhwa’s place for dinner, along with our friends Tom and Dannielle (both park guides). Jinhwa is a guide at the park and is from Korea. She made us a beautiful Korean dinner (I must admit I don’t remember the names of things) that made my mouth burn and my cheeks turn red hot. Wow, I haven’t had food that spicy in a long time, if ever! But it was delicious and well worth the temporary discomfort. She also showed us photos from her wedding to her husband Andrew. They had both a Western style marriage, with white dress, suits, etc., and a traditional Korean wedding, with BEAUTIFUL outfits for both the bride and groom. I kind of wish the typical wedding dress was like that. Jinhwa is returning to Korea to visit family and friends for a month, so this was our farewell dinner. I will miss her when she’s gone, as she’s one of the people I’ve gotten close to here in Australia.

After dinner it was time to feed their two lambs, one of which they had just found on the road and was only a few days old. I got to pet and feed them, and they were quite adorable! Dannielle lives on a farm with sheep, goats, cows, and emus, and she’s invited me out to check it out. Playing farm girl for a day is now on my to-do list!

We finished off the night with an oil-drum fire, and then said our farewells to Jinhwa. Have a safe trip and see you in a month!

 Andrew feeding the lambs.

No comments:

Post a Comment