Saturday, October 29, 2011

Video and articles from Ohio Wesleyan University

Last semester at Ohio Wesleyan I was interviewed for an admissions video. It was a lot of fun and the final product is pretty neat. I agree with what everyone says in the video, that OWU is a great school full of vibrant people and amazing opportunities. My experiences there and the opportunities the school created played a HUGE role in shaping who I am and leading me to where I am today. Take a look at the video:

Admissions video: "Ohio Wesleyan University: The Opposite of Ordinary"

My advisor at OWU, Dr. Jed Burtt, participated in a discussion focusing on the question, "Does creativity require a product?," which was featured in the Fall 2011 edition of the OWU Magazine (pages 14-17). He says, "Working to task certainly is easier for both students and teachers than being creative, but on a college campus we have to help students to begin questioning and discovering. We have to teach and they have to learn beyond the syllabus (p. 15)." I couldn't agree more. Jed, among other professors at OWU, encouraged me to discover things on my own and take my learning into my own hands. That kind of support was what led me to apply for a Theory to Practice Grant from OWU, which funded my Senior Honors Thesis work with bats in Texas (article link below).  I am grateful for the education I received at OWU and for all the mentors I had along the way. Check out the links below for the articles:

Discussion on "Does creativity require a product?," OWU Magazine, Fall 2011, pages 14-17

Article about my Senior Honors Thesis project with bats, OWU Magazine, Summer 2011, pages 12-13

1 comment:

  1. now you can also translate your article with almiaad.com
    and enjoy same article in different language.

    ReplyDelete