Friday, February 3, 2012

Time to Get Fit!


Yesterday Chris and I went to a spin class at the local gym. I’ve wanted to do something active lately, as most of the day is spent sitting on the computer running bat counts, and at night we go sit outside and watch the bats. It’s definitely not the most active job! One of my New Year’s resolutions was to exercise a bit every day, so a few weeks ago Chris and I bought some small hand weights to use at home, and I recently bought a pair of ankle/wrist wrap-around weights to use on my legs. It’s been hard to get motivated to use them, especially when it’s just the two of us. So I decided to also look into fitness classes in town, as I am MUCH more motivated when it’s an actual class and there are other people present.

I found a spin class (on stationary bikes) at the Naracoorte Health and Fitness Centre, which Chris and I went to yesterday (well, more like I dragged him there). We adjusted our bikes and at 5:15pm the instructor came in and began the class. It lasted 45 minutes and the instructor called out directions throughout, like “Now 60 seconds of hard-out pumping, and then 30 seconds of standing!” There was also lots of “Come on, push harder! You can do it!” talk. It was very motivating and definitely made the sweat roll. During one particularly hard part Chris and I exchanged quiet “I love you’s”, which the instructor saw and commented, “That’s too cute you guys.” Haha, I never thought I’d be part of a “cute” couple! The 45 minutes went by quickly and by the end Chris and I were tired and sweaty. A good workout!

Next Tuesday I also start a 9-week “MegaDanz” class in town (this time on my own). It will combine Zumba with other fun dancing/exercise, which I know will be a blast. I miss going out dancing with my friends, and I miss the jazzercise class I took last year at school. Hopefully this will be a good outlet for me to dance and also get a good workout!

Overall, Chris’ and my workout plan is MegaDanz on Tuesdays for me, spin class together on Thursdays, and weight lifting together throughout the week at home. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment